Adult Basic Education
Are you already proficient in the English language? Do you want to improve your basic skills in math, reading, and writing? Our Adult Basic Education (ABE) level three and level four classes will help you transition into college or career training programs. You’ll think critically and learn workplace computer skills, relational skills, and personal strength skills that will help you succeed in and outside the classroom.
Classes meet on Tuesday through Friday from 5 - 8 p.m.
Tuition for each quarter is $25.
About the Course
- ABE reading and writing courses are combined to give students the foundation for effective communication.
- Reading instruction emphasizes comprehension, vocabulary development, and critical thinking, graphic and study skills.
- Writing skills include the review and application of language and grammar rules, correct usage and spelling and paragraph development.
- Math instruction includes skill development in whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages, algebra and geometry with an emphasis on solving word problems and analyzing data in graphs, charts and tables.
Classes are scheduled at various times throughout the year.
Tuition is $25
Do you need to “Brush Up” on math, reading, writing and/or study skills before your program begins - or while already enrolled in a technical class? Our self-paced Brush Up class focuses on applying basic academic skills to your specific area of study. Special classes are offered such as:
- Math for Electronics and other Technical Programs
- Math for Health Care Success
- Writing Basics for Business and Legal Careers
- Reading to Learn: Textbooks
- Math for Trade and Industry
- Math Skills for Business Careers
Brush Up classes schedule
Daily 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Daily 11:40 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. (for students in full-time technical programs)
Monday – Thursday 6 – 9 p.m.