Learning Center Seattle
The Learning Center Seattle helps learners improve their lives through one–on–one education advocacy and case management services as well as tuition–free college.
At the Learning Center Seattle, you'll find the tools you need to succeed both in and out of the classroom. Our instructors, case manager, education advocates and tutors can help you at every step of the way – from completing your GED®, to finishing your degree or technical training and even finding employment.
High School Completion Services
The Learning Center Seattle program is free of charge to eligible students, who are 16 to 21 years old, and have not completed high school but want to earn their GED® to go on to college or technical training program (tuition–free) and/or start a career. Students who meet the age eligibility requirements and already received a GED® certificate are also eligible to enroll in the Learning Center Seattle program.
- Free preparation for the GED® and college entrance exams
- Vouchers to take the the GED® pre–tests, GED® official tests and college entrance exams for free.
- 3 hours of instruction each day, Monday through Friday
- Learn–at–your–own–pace college atmosphere
- One–on–one attention from Seattle Central College faculty members and AmeriCorps tutoring support
- Employment support and social services through a King County Case Manager
- Preparation to enter college through Seattle Education Access Education Advocates
- For those enrolling with a prior GED® certificate, students will work with an AmeriCorps tutor to prepare for their college entrance exams and Seattle
- Education Access to create and complete a college readiness plan before college
- Tuition–free college to attend any of the Seattle Colleges
- College Navigation through an Education Advocate through Seattle Education Access
- Free services through a Case Manager through King County
- Referrals to various on–campus programs to continue supporting your education
The first step is to sign–up for the information session to see if the Learning Center Seattle program is right for you! Information Sessions are held every Tuesday at 10 a.m. at the Learning Center Seattle (310) in the Seattle Vocational Institute building on the corner of 22nd Avenue and Jackson Street.
To RSVP for an Information Session or to schedule a one-on-one meeting, please call 206.934.6959 or text 503.451.5276.
Meet the Team
Emily Williams, Director of Learning Center Seattle
Located: 6th Floor, 610S
Nick Milhoan, Administrative Assistant III of Learning Center Seattle
Located: 6th Floor, 610
Rondolf De Guzman, Social Services Professional
Located: 6th Floor, 610R
Learning Center Seattle was developed as a partnership of Seattle Central College, Seattle Vocational Institute, Seattle Public Schools, United Way of King County, King County and Seattle Education Access.
Learn more about the Open Doors Youth Reengagement system that supports Learning Center Seattle.