About the Program
Are you in high school and undecided about college? Consider enrolling in the Bright Future program at Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI). Bright Future is a Running Start program that allows you to start college courses early by dual enrolling in high school and Seattle Vocational Institute. In this program, the classes that you complete at Seattle Vocational Institute will count toward your high school graduation requirements as well as one of our Professional/Technical programs. Students in the Bright Future program can enroll in a variety of programs, including:
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Training (PACT)
Our Bright Future program was a winner of the KCTS Golden Apple Award for Educational Excellence, and was recognized as 2009 Governor’s Best Practice Award in Partnership with Health Careers for Youth Grant.
What are the benefits?
- We provide academic and career assessments for every student.
- We encourage students in planning for additional higher education.
- We create long-term, individual education plans.
- We provide intensive case management, including classroom progress checks, grade and attendance checks, daily contact with students, and regular communication with high schools.
- We assist students in securing scholarships, daycare, and housing as needed.
- We support students in their work-based learning component.
- We help graduating students pursue their careers.
Bright Future students attend Seattle Vocational Institute for free, but are responsible for the cost of transportation, books, uniforms and supplies. Students eligible for free or reduced lunch at their high school are eligible for a fee waiver program. Students can apply for financial assistance through BF Dollars for Scholars if they qualify.
How to Apply
All Running Start qualified high school students are eligible to participate in the Bright Future program, and students with ten or more high school credits can apply to the program. In order to apply, students must also obtain high school and Bright Future counselor approval for admission. Call the Bright Future office at 206.934.6304 for additional information.
Once enrolled, students must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 each quarter (3.0 or greater in the Allied Health Division) and must maintain regular attendance to continue in the program.
Seattle Vocational Institute
2120 South Jackson Street, Room 308
Seattle, WA 98144
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Student Support Specialist