Counseling Services offers positive and professional guidance to currently enrolled students. Make an appointment for your free short-term personal or educational counseling session. Services include:
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Community referrals to other agencies
- Personal, educational and career counseling
What is Personal Counseling?
Are you struggling with family conflict, divorce, substance abuse, depression, grief and loss, a learning disability or stress or anxiety about academic achievement? We offer students free, confidential and professional counseling services that allow you to express your feelings and identify patterns of thinking with a trained and caring counselor.
What is Educational Counseling?
Do you need help planning the right program of study? We are here to help with individual consultation and group course planning sessions. We can also help you learn new study habits, stress and time management skills, and how to communicate well with others.
What is Crisis Counseling?
We can help you with crisis counseling, which focuses on single or ongoing problems that are overwhelming or traumatic.
What is a Consultation?
Students and faculty can make an appointment for an initial consultation. Meeting with a Counselor lasts about 15-60 minutes. During this time, the Counselor will determine if Counseling Services or an outside community resource can best help. You may also be asked to fill out confidential forms.
Note: Counseling Services does not prescribe medicine.
We are committed to the full access and inclusion of all qualified students in SVI programs. Our school makes reasonable accommodations for students with a qualifying disability or a temporary medical condition while keeping institutional standards. Our office will:
- Work with Seattle Central College when there are issues of accommodations.
- Help students get the proper documentation of a disability, such as an Individual Educational Plan (IEP), which is necessary to receive services.
- Develop a plan for you to get classroom accommodations.
- Help with non-classroom accommodations.
- Help you with problem-solving.
- Help making connections with appropriate resources.
Privacy & Confidentiality
All information shared with a counselor is held in the strictest confidence unless:
- You consider injuring yourself or other people.
- You have committed or intend to commit a crime or harmful act.
- You are thought to be involved in abuse of a dependent adult or child.
- You find it necessary to file suit against a counselor.
Counselor Contact Info
Krysta Walia, MSW, LSWAIC
Office: Located on the first floor in Student Services (check in with the front desk for an appointment)
Hours: Call or email Krysta to make an appointment