Did you know that applying for Financial Aid early can make a difference in the amount of money that you receive? Apply as early as possible. Complete your financial aid application before the following deadlines to ensure that you will be notified of your eligibility to receive Financial Aid prior to the start of classes.
Quarter Application Deadline
Fall 2015: August 3, 2015
Winter 2016: November 13, 2015
Spring 2016: February 12, 2016
Summer 2016: May 6, 2016
Ready to apply? Apply online with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or stop into the financial aid office for assistance. After you receive your Student Aid Report from the Federal Processor you must either:
- Respond to the “Required Actions Letter” email from the Financial Aid Office. Or
- Contact us in person, by phone or email so we can review your information and tell you what additional documents are required to complete your file. You may also view your file status online.
Examples of additional documents that may be needed to complete your file include, but are not limited to, the following: Institutional Data Sheet, a copy of your and/or your parent(s) Federal Income Tax transcript, a copy of your Social Security Card, proof of citizenship status or eligible non-citizenship verification, proof of Selective Service registration, Federal Verification Worksheet.
Submit all additional required documents to the Financial Aid Office as instructed by the Deadline.
Financial Aid Student Portal
Want to view your additional document requests, financial aid awards or get messages from the Financial Aid office online? Try the Financial Aid Portal.
How to Login to the Financial Aid Portal:
- Your username is your Social Security Number
- Your password is your SVI PIN (if PIN is four digits add a zero to the beginning of your PIN)
- Select Award Year after logging into the Portal.
- Close the browser when you are finished! This protects the confidentiality of your records.
Note: Logging in with someone else’s information constitutes improper use of this system and is a violation of state and federal privacy laws.