How to Apply
Ready to jump start your education and prepare for a new career? Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI) is here to support you every step of the way.
Steps to Apply
- Submit your application online or in person (Room 111)
- Attend a FREE Admissions Workshop to learn about the admissions process
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA). Use school code: 030521.
- Continue admissions process for chosen program
Admission to Seattle Vocational Institute is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Is competent to profit from the curricular offerings of the institute AND
- Is 18 years or older; or
- Is a high school graduate; or
- Has a GED®; or
- Has applied for admission under the Bright Future (Running Start) program; or
- Is 16 years or older and is seeking a GED® (with Seattle Public Schools' approval)
If you have questions about getting started at Seattle Vocational Institute, please contact one of our Admissions Program Coordinators:
Talk to an Advisor
An advisor can help you choose a program, design an educational plan and prepare for your next steps. From registration to understanding and navigating your program, advising is here to help! Walk-in advising and appointments are available.
Crystal Baker, Admissions/Advising
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Location: 111J (Student Services room 110, third office to the left)