Want to enroll in a career-focused training program, improve your literacy or finish high school at Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI)? Attend an Admissions Workshop to learn how to apply for college, sign up for Financial Aid, develop an educational plan and get help addressing any barriers you face.
If you have not attended SVI in the last six months, you must attend an Admissions Workshop or meet with us to complete the admissions process.
|Upcoming Admissions Workshops|
|Tuesday, April 25, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 2, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 9, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 16, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 23, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 30, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, June 6, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, June 13, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, June 20, 2017||1 - 5 p.m.|
Where: Room 310
Total hours: 4
Note: Bring a pen or pencil; and no children or food are allowed in the workshop.
- Overview of the admissions process, programs, funding sources and the online admissions application
- Reading and math work sheets (homework)
- Personality assessment and career readiness discussion
- Identification of ways to overcome barriers to completing your education
- Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) reading and math
- Completion of the admissions process
After attending the Admissions Workshop, you will also need to:
- Take English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment, if necessary.
- Continue admissions process for your chosen program.
If you have questions about applying to Seattle Vocational Institute or the Admissions Workshop, please contact Tu Pham at 206.934.3195 or Crystal Baker at 206.934.4945.