About the Seattle Vocational Institute
Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI), a division of Seattle Central College, is located in the heart of the city's Central District. Our programs provide skills to prepare our students for in-demand careers. We offer:
- Short-term, job training programs that lead to jobs in fields with livable wages.
- Basic skills courses that help students improve reading, writing, math and critical thinking skills.
- Education and resources to help students successfully finish high school.
- Personal and professional development courses designed to support career growth and advancement.
The success of workforce training programs at Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI) is best measured by:
- the number of students who successfully complete their training programs
- the number of students placed into jobs upon program completion
- the level of wages earned by program completers in their first placement upon completion
- evidence that graduates successfully retain jobs
- the number of students who participate in future education and training
Seattle Colleges and Seattle Vocational Institute Accreditation
The Seattle Colleges are public, state-supported institutions, individually accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Seattle Vocational Institute is accredited jointly with Seattle Central.
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
The program in dental assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation [and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements”]. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education.
The Commission on Dental Accreditation
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
The Medical Assistant certificate program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assistant Education Review Board (MEARB). This fully accredited program provides the mechanism for graduates to take a national examination to become a nationally Certified Medical Assistant.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL. 33756
School of Cosmetology
The School of Cosmetology is a Milady Member School.
Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Training
The Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Training (PACT) is a State Recognized Pre-Apprenticeship Program by the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council (WSATC) and the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries.