Learning Center Seattle
We're moving! The Learning Center Seattle program is moving from Seattle Vocational Institute to Seattle Central College from 8/19 to 8/30. Please text message 503-451-5276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during our transition to Seattle Central College. Enrollment is closed for Summer and will reopen 9/1 Please check back for information session dates soon.
Learning Center Seattle helps learners improve their lives through one-on-one education advocacy and case management services as well as tuition-free college at any of the Seattle colleges up to an AA degree. Our instructors, case managers, education advocates and tutors can help you at every step of the way - from completing your GED®, to finishing your degree or technical training, and even finding employment. Learning Center Seattle is an Open Doors 1418 youth reengagement program.
The Learning Center Seattle program is free of charge to eligible students, who are 16 to 21 years old, and have not completed high school but want to earn their GED® to go on to college or technical training program (tuition–free) and/or start a career.Eligible students may enroll with a prior GED® certificate to work employment goals or pursue college as well. Students who meet the age eligibility requirements and already received a GED® certificate are also eligible to enroll in the Learning Center Seattle program.
- Free preparation for the GED® and college entrance exams(Wonderlic, ALEKS).
- Vouchers to take the the GED® Ready tests, GED® official tests and college entrance exams for free
- Morning and afternoon GED® class options
- Learn–at–your–own–pace college atmosphere
- One–on–one attention from Seattle Central College faculty members and AmeriCorps tutoring support
- Employment support and social services through a Case Manager
- Preparation to enter college through Seattle Education Access Education Advocates
- For those enrolling with a prior GED® certificate and want to access to tuition-free college, students will work with an AmeriCorps tutor to prepare for their college entrance exams and Seattle
- Education Access to create and complete a college readiness plan before college
- Tuition–free college to attend any of the Seattle Colleges up to an AA degree
- College Navigation with an Education Advocate through Seattle Education Access
- Free services through a Case Manager through King County or YMCA King County
- Referrals to various on–campus programs to continue supporting your education
Sign–up for an information session to see if the Learning Center Seattle program is right for you.
- Information Sessions are held on most Tuesdays each month at the Learning Center Seattle in Room 310 at Seattle Vocational Institute on the corner of 22nd Ave S and S Jackson Street. You must attend an information session before enrolling.
Sign up for an information session by clicking on one of the dates listed below. You will be routed to a sign-up page. You will then be able to chose the time that works best for you.
We will send you an email to confirm your spot and provide you with details on preparing for your information session.
NOTE: The RSVP for Information Sessions is currently down. Please email LearningCenter@seattlecolleges.edu to sign up while we are fixing this issue.
Please contact us with any questions you have:
- Call: 206.934.6959
- Text: 503.451.5276
- Email: LearningCenter@seattlecolleges.edu
- Location: Seattle Vocational Institute, Room 310
Learning Center Seattle was developed as a partnership of Seattle Central College, Seattle Vocational Institute, Seattle Public Schools, United Way of King County, King County, Accelerator YMCA, and Seattle Education Access.
Learn more about the Open Doors 1418 youth reengagement system that supports Learning Center Seattle.