How to Apply
Ready to jump start your education and prepare for a new career? Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI) is here to support you every step of the way.
Steps to Apply
- Submit your application online* or fill one out in person on campus.
- Attend a FREE Admissions Workshop to learn about the admissions process
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA). Use school code: 030521.
- Continue admissions process for chosen program
*SVI is now part of Seattle Central College. Choose Seattle Central College to apply for SVI.
Admission to Seattle Vocational Institute is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Is competent to profit from the curricular offerings of the institute AND
- Is 18 years or older; or
- Is a high school graduate; or
- Has a GED®; or
- Has applied for admission under the Bright Future (Running Start) program; or
- Is 16 years or older and is seeking a GED® (with Seattle Public Schools' approval)
If you have questions about getting started at Seattle Vocational Institute, please contact one of our Admissions Program Coordinators at 206.934.4980
Talk to an Advisor
An advisor can help you choose a program, design an educational plan and prepare for your next steps. From registration to understanding and navigating your program, advising is here to help! Walk-in advising and appointments are available.
Crystal Baker, Admissions/Advising
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (M-Th)
8 a.m. - 12 p.m. (F)
Location: 111J (Student Services room 110, third office to the left)