If you are interested in studying at Seattle Vocational Institute, you will need to attend an Admissions Workshop first. You will learn how to apply for college, sign up for Financial Aid and enroll. We will help you every step along the way from admissions to graduation and beyond.
If you have not studied at SVI in the last six months, you must attend an Admissions Workshop or meet with us.
|Upcoming Admissions Workshops|
|Wednesday, February 20, 2019*||1 - 2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, February 27, 2019*||1 - 2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 6, 2019||1 - 2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 13, 2019||1 - 2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 20, 2019*||1 - 2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 27, 2019*||1 - 2 p.m.|
*Sessions will be held at Seattle Central College's Mitchell Activity Center, 1718 Broadway on Capitol Hill, Room 210
Other sessions will be held at on campus at Seattle Vocational Institute, Room 315
Note: Bring a pen or pencil; no children or food are allowed in the workshop.
- Admissions process, programs, ways to pay for tuitions and books and the online admissions application
- Take home reading and math work sheets
- Personality assessment
- Discussion about how to prepare you for a career
- Ways to overcome barriers to completing your education
- Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) reading and math
- Completion of the admissions process
After attending the Admissions Workshop, you will also need to:
- Take English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment, if necessary.
- Continue admissions process for your chosen program.
If you have questions about applying to Seattle Vocational Institute or the Admissions Workshop, please contact Crystal Baker at 206.934.4945.