How to Apply
Ready to jump start your education and prepare for a new career in Medical Assisting? Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI) is here to support you every step of the way.
Steps to Apply
- Attend an information session at SVI (Seattle Vocational Institute), HEC (Health Education Center), or the Broadway campus (recommended).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and/or transcript review to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Contact the advising office for eligibility approval.
- After advisor approval, download and print the Medical Assisting application (pdf). (see application for further instructions).
*SVI is now part of Seattle Central College. Choose Seattle Central College to apply for SVI.
Admission to Seattle Vocational Institute healthcare programs is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older (required for clinical placement)
- Be eligible for English 098
- Be eligible for Math 087/091
- High school diploma or GED (documentation is required).