Workforce Funding

You can get financial help, tuition, books, supplies and fees covered through Workforce Education programs if you meet the program requirements. If you are low-income, unemployed or a dislocated worker, we can help you with academic planning, job training and job placement. Our Workforce Education programs include:

  • Worker Retraining: If you are a "displaced homemaker," veteran, formerly self-employed, get unemployment benefits or have used all your unemployment benefits.
  • WorkFirst: If you get Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
  • Basic Food Employment & Training Program (BFET): If you get federally issued Basic Food Benefits.
  • Opportunity Grant: Available to low–income adults pursuing an approved program. You may get funds to cover tuition and required fees up to 45 credits and up to $1,000 for books and supplies each academic year.

How to Apply

Attend the Start Next Quarter workshop at SVI. You will learn more about eligibility, benefits and will complete a Workforce Funding Application.